We are looking for a Grid Connection Engineer responsible to assist the Grid Country Manager in implementing workflow procedures based on direction from the company’s General Manager.
His/her duties include day-by-day reporting tasks, providing technical support in escalated situations, and managing the assigned workflow. He/she works in coordination with business development and construction teams for the electrical interconnection of renewable energy projects in Italy, considering the technical requirements of the Electrical Grid Utilities and applicable law.
List of tasks and functions:
- Experienced Project Manager with a track record of managing all aspects for delivering Renewable projects from initiation to turnover within the Transmission and Distribution Industry.
- Firm understanding of HV/MV connection design and works in Italy to ensure the design, scope, procurement, timescale, constructions, commissioning, and interconnection of Renewable generation facilities (CEI Standards).
- Firm understanding of Grid Code, Rules, and Standards from ARERA, TSO, DSO applicable informal administrative Grid Connection Request Process.
- Experience in direct interaction with Distributor System Operators (DSO) and Transport System Operator (TSO) to ensure the design, scope, procurement, timescale, constructions, commissioning, and interconnection of renewable generation facilities.
- Provide technical assistance during the project development phase, ensuring all project success factors and interconnection applications related to the grid connection are met.
- Provides daily support for managing multi-discipline turnkey projects through engineering, procurement, and construction phases.
- Provides daily support to plan the projects, including scope, schedule, cost, safety, and quality aspect of the project.
- Provides daily support for supervision of basic/detailed engineering and applicable regulations of interconnection infrastructures (EHV/HV/MV lines and substations).
- Provides daily support for monitoring compliance with infrastructure health and safety and quality standards.
- Provides skilled support for drafting internal reports to appropriate management/governance team.
- Graduated Engineer in Electric, Electronic, Management or similar
- Skilled in Energy, Power Systems, Power Transmission, Project Portfolio Management, Account Management, Substation, Contract Management, Renewable Energy, and Smart Grid.
- Excellent spoken and written English (C1), Spanish is a plus
- Advanced computer software skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, and financial systems
- ETAP, PSCAD, PLS Tower, CYMCAP, Autogrid Pro.